Just connect (software-) productivity with creativity
What is Application LifeCycle Management (ALM)? ALM describes the continuous process to administrate software applications over it’s total lifecycle. It starts with an idea about a concept, it’s requirements, a design, and ends after commissioning, maintenance or project ending (termination). Furthermore ALM pursues the goal to be ‘agile’, cost-effective and tailor-made to the individual requirements of a company.
Why ALM? In recent time, the economy and developer note that:
- applications are based an outdated technology and obsolete requirements,
- whole functions or modules do the same work,
- functions or modules are double implemented,
- to be developed permanently,
- teams are not coordinated in operations,
- the application is not compliant with future needs of the market,
- the software and existing technology is not flexible and agile,
- in respect to each item, customization and maintenance is error proven,
- and/or the overhead is disproportionatial in relation to the benefit.
At first sight ALM is not really popular because of time-consuming ways:
- for implementation,
- investment cost,
- power needed to provide the measurable results to company management,
- to establish the difficult process within the different divisions and company, particular on those employees who have to change their workflows.
What are the consequences if you refuse to work with ALM?
- You need enormous effort(money & time) for daily maintenance, support and bug-fixing for your running application system<,/li>
- You don’t have money and time for modernisation and development because the old system landscape is gobbling up the resources,
- The costs for the inhomogenous application landscape are increasing,
- Your applications are not viable, agile or flexible to react in a timely manner,
- The maintenance of older applications are too expansive.
To develop software with ALM is like an art. We master all interaction between definition of requirements, design, development, deployment, testing and company because we have achieved a high level in all disciplines of ALM.